Re:Vision Architecture, a deep green architecture and sustainability consulting practice located in the Manayunk neighborhood of Philadelphia, is looking for an experienced Sustainability Specialist to guide clients (typically building owners, facility managers, or design teams) through strategic and low-stress LEED certifications and other related green building improvements and/or sustainable development plans. It is anticipated that 80% to 90% of this person’s project-related time will be devoted to managing LEED certifications for a variety of clients, with the balance of project time devoted to related sustainability projects TBD by the specific background and skills of the successful candidate. Such projects may include: Living Building Challenge feasibility studies, master plans for sustainability facilities, comparative analyses of sustainability options, sustainability charrettes, etc. Candidates with engineering backgrounds and/or energy modeling expertise will be highly competitive.
The kind of person we are looking for will ideally:
- have a demonstrated commitment to and passion for sustainable design and development through education, career choices, and/or volunteer work;
- have a solid background in building design, engineering, construction, and/or operations;
- be a LEED AP with practical experience in securing successful certifications. The ability to successfully navigate diverse project types—new construction, core & shell, corporate interiors, and, particularly, existing building operations and maintenance is a big plus.
- be a skilled project and process manager—keeping track of a high volume of detailed information, schedules, etc, as well as creatively motivating and inspiring others to meet deadlines and provide needed information;
- be detail-oriented and highly organized;
- enjoy and be skilled at the teaching, coaching, and customer-service aspects of consulting work;
- be curious by nature and interested in finding new ways doing things—both for clients and for Re:Vision;
- understand how to creatively effect positive change within typical business constraints faced by many Re:Vision clients—tight schedules, limited budgets, litigation concerns, and/or existing corporate standards and ways of doing things;
- have related bonus skills that bring added value to the above work—such as energy modeling, LCA analysis, indoor air quality testing—you tell us…
- be a generally positive and good-natured person and colleague.
Likely start date in early to mid-Summer.
Interested candidates should send a resume along with any preliminary questions to Jobs@ReVisionArch.com. Please indicate how you learned of the position.
All inquiries will remain confidential.